The Secret to Setting a World Record in One Day
Normally a record is a long, often expensive process of witnesses, documenting, applying and waiting forever.
Not at this year’s LA Marathon.
Step 1: Pick your category
You can propose your own category, or try to break one of the 200 existing records like:
- Fastest marathon carrying a 40 pound backpack (current female record: 4 hr 34 min 42 sec)
- Fastest marathon dressed as a landmark (current male record: 4 hr 54 min 02 sec)
- Fastest marathon dribbling a basketball (current male record: 3 hr 11 min 26 sec, current female record: 4 hr 28 min 11 sec)
- Fastest marathon in film character costume (current female record: 3 hr 44 min 18 sec)
- Fastest marathon with two runners handcuffed together (no current record, minimum requirement for mixed pair: 4 hr 15 min))
- Fastest marathon run by three generations (no current record, minimum requirement aggregate time: 10 hr)
Step 2: Run
The LA Marathon is a popular spring race, so get your entry in soon! Run from Dodger stadium to the ocean and soak up the SoCal sunshine!So mark your race calendar: March 19, 2017.
Step 3: Grab your 15 minutes of fame!
It looks like they will ratify your record right there on the spot – get ready to brag!
So mark your race calendar: March 19, 2017.
What crazy ‘Fastest marathon’ record will you set?